Tuesday, May 07, 2013

What's Next?

As you may know, there are just two sessions left on our Respectable Sins study. You may be wondering what will I tackle next. I've been praying about that very thing...funny you should mention that. Initially, I thought I might tackle another Jerry Bridges study, Transforming Grace, and I may still do that as a study, but my next project will be to read and blog the book given to me by a dear friend this past December.

Funny how these things happen.

I was attending a wedding in New Orleans, and she and her husband came in for the same wedding and she gave me this gift of a book. I put it in my suitcase and came home after a delightful weekend celebrating the beginning of this couples life together and with the return to my rather busy life I over looked it when I unpacked my suitcase. It was in a side pocket, zipped up, and might not have been found for who knows how long had my son not invited his father to go on a father son cruise recently.

As we were packing him he reached his hand into the side pocket and pulled out this present, forgotten until I saw its simple wrapping, and as I opened it I knew, it was no accident that my eyes were gazing at that title at that moment. I had earlier that day been crying as I listened to and sang along to the song written by the author.

By now you may be bursting with curiosity, so I will keep you in suspense no longer.

The book is, "I Still Believe: Discovering Hope and Healing in the Midst of Life's Deepest Valleys" By Jeremy Camp.



Just a few more weeks till we start, until then, enjoy his song:


No comments: